8.29.2011

carrots have never looked sweeter.

Having a baby is life changing. It is one of those things no one could have prepared me for. A baby is more than a cute tiny perfect person to dress in cute tiny clothes and have a cute perfect nursery for.
REALITY CHECK:
Babies poop, pee, vomit, soak, and destroy most things they come in contact with. Ohh, hey mom..I know you've been so excited to dress me up in this cute outfit, but guess what? It is 150 degrees outside and this is totally an unacceptable outfit. Oh? You're going to put me in it anyway? Well, today seems like a good day to clear my bowels and vomit up those nasty prunes you fed me for breakfast. Hey, at least they worked, right? By the way mom, I love you.

Goodness, jack wears the same seven onesies every week and the curtain for his window may or may not be a green Christmas blanket reading 'Ho ho' held into the wall by five (5) thumb tacks. Jack is 8 months now and I still feel like I'm trying to catch up to where I was before he came and made me a happy momma.
Becoming a righteous mother is becoming selfless.
I've never loved anyone more. I can't even describe it.

{ for jack....}
I've never given up so much for anyone else.
I've never felt a pain worse than when I watch you suffer.
You made me cry just by looking at me. Punk.
I've never made such a fool of myself to make someone smile like I do for you. [Please keep in mind, I'm a pretty goofy person to begin with.]
You strengthened my testimony of the gospel.
You made me a better person. And continue to do so every single day.
You're the greatest blessing in my life.

I love jack.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment