8.25.2011

mesa is..

an awful place to live.
Hot.
Full of cacti....and idiots.
'table' in Spanish.
Better than Phoenix.
Home of the best dang citrus.
In Arizona.
Where I fell in love.
My hometown.
Sort of beautiful.


I can't decide if I love it or hate it. Maybe I love it so much that I hate it? Maybe I love to hate it? Who knows. All I know is that I don't know where I'm going to be next year.

Tyler graduates may 2012 and there is a slight chance we may move away. I've lived here 21 years. Never been gone longer than 3 weeks. Pathetic? So what. I'm happy. But...I think it would be good for me to get out of my bubble.

My shell. My little world I've lived in for so long. I need to have new experiences somewhere else. I have such a desire to see new and different things. To meet strangers and have them become my away-from-home family. To see the seasons change. To feel scared I won't make new friends. To call my mom and beg her to come stay with me. To start fresh.




Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments:

  1. Beckster, you's a good writer.

    Also, there are a lot of amazing things about Mesa. You can't beat that orange blossom smell. Or the Mexican food. Or the desert after a big storm.

    But, you can hack it elsewhere I promise. There are lots of good things about other places. Plus, the weird moving I've done in the past few years has made me attach myself to people/relationships and my beliefs, rather than locations. I still love different locations, but those aren't something I look to for meaning, they're just different backdrops for me to live my life. I feel like moving can be a really good thing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with the statement above, you are a horrible writer. But I love you anyway. Beck you know you can do anything!

    ReplyDelete